Founded in 2010 in Turkey, the institute positions itself as an international, not-profit, non-governmental organization with headquarters in Turkey, Japan, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan. Working in partnership with local and international academia, cultural organizations and government bodies we integrate rigorous but accessible scholarly study with the everyday lives of working adults and re-imagine scholarship for the 21st century.
Secretariat of the IKSAD INTERNATIONAL is headquartered in Ankara. Our staff are all gifted scholar-pedagogues with a broad array of expertise acquired through their doctoral work, academic and popular writing, industry experience, and in the classroom itself. İKSAD is actively pioneering a new model for scholarship in the twenty-first century that integrates a commitment to pedagogy, research, and public programming.
The major focus of our activities;
- Help to advance development co-operation and cultural exchanges between Turkey and the World.
- To promote scientific and educational development in Turkey and the World.
- To hold international events as scientific symposiums, discussion platforms, exhibition and consultative service for international and local academia
- To build a bridge between governments and science, research bodies.
- To project Turkish and Turkic World culture to the rest of the World, by providing the language courses of Turkic World to the international audience, by presenting cultural and historical heritage of Turkey and Turkic World through research Project funds, research centers’ facilities.
- In pursuing “Funding and Tracking the Research Projects” strategy İKSAD strives to promote research and helping researchers to share ideas, solve industry problems and increase the impact of their discoveries and innovations.
The objectives of the İKSAD are to extend current research, programs and practices in the field of social and economic development and create a platform to promote and sustain inter-cultural dialogue at all levels. İKSAD actively encourages and supports researchers and academics as a prerequisite for development. In addition to promoting economic development and social interaction between varying stakeholders through its own initiatives, the İKSAD actively supporting the work that is already being done in this area by partnering and communicating with other actors in the field.
We are committed to sharing the messages from our research, in the belief that a better understanding of public attitudes will lead to better policy and practice.